To Program Contacts: Please distribute this e-vite to all students, trainees and learners in your units.
Event: A UBC Centennial Session: Symposium on Health Informatics
Date: April 5, 2016
Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: LSC3, Life Sciences Institute, UBC, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver
· Registration fee is $25
· General registration at https://events.pharmacy.ubc.ca/civicrm/event/register?id=147&reset=1.
· UBC STUDENTS: Use this link to register and receive free admission.
The rapidly growing field of health informatics is at the very heart of the modern health care system. The availability of huge amounts of data provides a unique opportunity to deliver dramatic impact on care, outcomes and cost effectiveness. The University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Faculty of Medicine invite you to attend an engaging UBC Centennial Sessions symposium featuring leading international experts in the innovative use of health system data.
Andrew Morris, FRSE FMedSci
Professor of Medicine, Director of the Usher Institute for Population Health Sciences and Informatics,
Vice Principal, Data Science, University of Edinburgh, Chief Scientist Health Scottish Government
Andrew Morris is Professor of Medicine, Director of the Usher Institute of Population Health Sciences and Informatics and Vice Principal of Data Science at the University of Edinburgh, having taken up position in August 2014. Prior to this Andrew was Dean of Medicine at the University of Dundee.
· Brendan Byrne, Telus Health
· Pieter Cullis, Life Sciences Institute, UBC
· Heather Davidson, BC Ministry of Health
· Lars-Olof Eriksson, Icon plc
· Judy Illes, Faculty of Medicine, UBC
· Larry Lynd, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UBC
· Raymond Ng, Faculty of Science, UBC
· Paul Terry, PHEMI, Vancouver
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.